‘The Moby Dick’ Dominating the Group 5 category and winning consecutive championships in the 1976 and 1977 seasons was the Porsche 935. For the 1978 season, Porsche left the World Championship for Makes and created the 935/78 Turbo with the goal of claiming the Le Mans 24 Hours. The car had a long, ground-hugging body to increase maximum speed and was fitted with a 3.2 liter twin-turbo engine which produced a massive 850hp. The team first entered the 935/78 Turbo at the 6 Hours of Silverstone and took an impressive debut win. At the 1978 Le Mans 24 Hours, it took an 8th place finish overall. The combination of its monstrous speed, power which exceeded that of other Group 5 race cars, and its unique body design earned it the nickname ‘Moby Dick’.
About the model
- 1/24 scale plastic assembly kit model of the Porsche 935/78 ‘Moby Dick’ Martini.
- Length: 205mm, Width: 84mm.
- The sleek aerodynamic form with flat nose and lengthened tail has been accurately reproduced.
- The interior, which is equipped with a roll cage, also has a detailed finish. A driver figure is included.
- Suspension and engine areas have rich finish.
- High quality Cartograf markings are included to depict the car raced in either the 6 Hours of Silverstone or the Le Mans 24 Hours.
- Stainless steel antenna is also included