Tamiya 32583 1/48 Military Miniature German Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) Ausf.E/F
Waste Not, Want Not
This light tank in fact started life as the LTvz.38 developed for Czechoslovakia, but was adopted and renamed 38(t) by impressed German forces after their occupation of the country in 1939. It was equipped with a 3.7cm main gun and offered 42km/h powered by a 125hp engine. A number of variants were produced, of which the Ausf.E/F variants were manufactured over a one-year period from November 1940; they featured improved armor and were thrown into the conflict with Soviet forces after the start of Operation Barbarossa.
Features and specification
- 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit of the German 38(t) Ausf.E/F.
- Length: 98mm, width: 45mm.
- The compact and balanced 38(t) form is accurately captured with an intuitive parts breakdown.
- Hull and turret rivets are expertly depicted.
- Weights in the hull give a realistically heavy feel.
- Utilizes assembly-type tracks with 1-piece straight sections.
- Includes commander torso figure and 2 Eastern Front marking options.
- Marvel at the realistic 1/48 rendering of the 38(t) form, complete with 3.7cm gun and large road wheels.
- Ausf.E/F features such as the single-panel fighting compartment front armor are accurately captured.
- Realistic torso figure depicts a commander surveying the scene unfold before him.
- Kit includes numerous parts to depict accessories such as tools and tow cables.