From the middle stages of WWII, Allied tank designs showed steady improvement and featured greater firepower and armor protection. Under these circumstances, the German army increasingly depended on turretless tank destroyers armed with a powerful gun on a limited-traverse mount. Among these was the Hetzer, a compact tank destroyer based on the Czech-made 38t tank chassis that had 60mm sloped frontal armor and a 75mm main gun. Entering service from July 1944, the Hetzer’s low sihouette and powerful armament made it a respectable adversary on both the Eastern and Western fronts. Approximately 2,800 Hetzers of different variants were produced, and they also served with the Czech and Swiss armed forces after the end of WWII.
- Length: 180.5mm
- Distinctive Saukopf gun mantlet and armored mantlet cover accurately reproduced.
- Remote controlled machine gun mount features precision-made parts and polycap installation, enabling free rotation even after assembly.
- Gun sight, periscopic binoculars, and jack also included for additional hull detail.
- Drive sprockets, guide wheels, and road wheels all feature meticulous surface bolt details.
- Choose from 2 types of accurate caterpillar tracks, assembly type and belt type.
- Includes 1 standing commander figure, 4 types of markings, and a full color painting guide.
- Image shows finished model.