Tamiya 35289 1/35 Russian Heavy Tank JS-2 Model 1944 ChKZ
The Russian Tank that was too much for the Germans
The Russian Heavy Tank JS-2 was built to overthrow the German Tiger I. The JS-2 which was put into production in the latter half of WWII in December 1943, had a long powerful 122mm gun and superior mobility. From August, 1944 the upper part of the hatch was removed from the hull which greatly improved its defensive ability. The JS-2 was produced in the Chelyabinsk Kirov factory (ChKZ), and a characteristic of the tank is it’s one piece cast rounded front. The JS-2 showed great strength in the break through of defensive positions but also in anti-tank battles. The Russian tank JS-2 played a major part which contributed to the victory of the end of the Great War.
About the Model
- 1/35 Russian Heavy Tank JS-2 Model 1944 ChKZ is a plastic assembly kit.
- Length 282mm, Gun Length 122mm, Gun comes on a large turret. The Tank’s front part adds to its presence.
- Gun Turret and Tank body have a realistic cast metal surface affect.
- The engine intake grill has etching parts which give a sharp finish.
- The Caterpillar tread comes in two kinds, belt type and connection assembling type.
- Commander and Loader Figures are included
- Comes with 4 kinds of markings belonging to Russia, Czechoslovakia, and Poland.