Tamiya 35308 1/35 British Light Utility Car 10HP
About the British Light Utility Car 10HP
British forces used passenger car chassis, during WWII, as the basis for pick-up style military vehicles. Officially identified as a ‘Light Utility Car’ soldiers called them affectionately by the nickname ‘Tilly’. The vehicle was equipped with a 30hp engine and rear wheel-drive. However, the car did not have sufficient off-road abilities and was soon replaced by 4WD vehicles. As a result, the ‘Tilly’ was used in airbases for liaisons and in other paved areas. The vehicle served in the Dunkirk evacuation, North African and Italian fronts, and Europe from the Normandy invasion on.
About the Model
- Scale : 1/35
- Construction type : Assembly kit
- Photo-etch parts : Not included
- Decals : Included
- Special feature 1 : Length: 112mm, Width: 48mm.
- Special feature 2 : The hood can be opened to view the model’s engine.
- Special feature 3 : The doors can be opened allowing you to view the interior details like dashboard.
- Special feature 4 : Choice of Open or Closed Cargo Area Flap and Tailgate in up or down poistion
- Special feature 5 : The engine and suspension area are finely recreated.
- Special feature 6 : One seated driver figure is included.
- Special feature 7 : Four types of markings are included.