田宮 35345 1/35 德軍 豹式戰車D型
Where It All Began – The First Panther
The Ausf.D was the debut variant of the famed German WWII tank Panther. It offered a complete performance package, with firepower from the imposing L/70 7.5cm gun, excellent protection afforded by its sloped armor, and maneuverability thanks to a roaring 700hp gasoline engine. Around 840 Ausf.D Panthers were produced between January and September of 1943, and the first time it appeared on the battlefield was in the Battle of Kursk in July of that year. While it wasn’t all smooth sailing, Panthers were still able to take out some 140 Soviet tanks from a range of 1,500 to 2,000 meters, all the while protected impeccably by their sloped plate. The Ausf.D was followed by improved Ausf.A and G variants, and while the Panther was unable to stop the tide from turning against Germany it nonetheless revolutionized German armored vehicle design, and remained on the front line until the end of hostilities.
About the Model
This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit of the Panther Ausf.D.
- Length: 254mm, width: 101mm.
- The model captures the Ausf.D variant of the Panther with superb accuracy thanks to intensive examination of the final surviving original Ausf.D.
- Unrivalled precision thanks to depictions of surface texture such as cast metal mantlet and steel armor plating. Intuitive design offers uncomplicated assembly without sacrificing detail.
- Ausf.D-specific features such as turret-side smoke dischargers are faithfully captured.
- Features realistic belt-type tracks.
- Comes with 2 figures – 1 depicting a crewman behind the turret, and a torso figure of the commander inside the turret.
- The 3 marking options depict tanks from the Battle of Kursk.