The first Lancer Evo, manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors, was released in 1992 for the Japanese market. Unexpectedly, the car became desired in other countries and was released to the United Kingdom and various European markets. In 2003, Mitsubishi began exporting the Evo VIII to the United States due to the American interest in similar cars such as the Subaru Impreza WRX.
Reliable shaft-driven 4WD system enables both on-road and off-road driving to match the image of this rally-style SUV. Fully-enclosed front and rear gearboxes are equipped with differential gears for smooth cornering. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension features oil dampers for excellent shock absorption and large 90mm diameter tires provide ample traction.
- Length: 442mm, Width: 204mm, Height: 175mm
- Wheelbase: 280mm
- Drivetrain: Shaft-driven full-time 4WD
- Suspension: 4-wheel independent double wishbone
- F/R CVA Shock Units
- Tire Width/Diameter: (Front & Rear) 27/78mm
- Diff. Gear: (Front & Rear) 3-Bevel
- Motor: Type RS-540 motor included
- R/C Unit: Expec GT-I or 2-channel R/C system
- Battery: Tamiya 7.2V Racing Pack or equivalent
- Alkaline Batteries for Transmitter