The TRD 86 is a car based on the Toyota 86 and it¡¦s completely optioned out by TRD, Toyota’s in-house tuning shop. This vehicle was run by the GAZOO Racing team, and took part in the Shinshiro Rally stage of the multi-stage TRD Rally Challenge Series held in Japan in 2012. The car finished in a credible 13th place overall (8th in the Toyota-only Class 4), but perhaps most remarkably, the GAZOO Racing TRD 86 was actually driven by the President of the Toyota motor company during the race.
The Tamiya RC car is based on the XV-01 platform. The 4WD XV-01 chassis offers dynamic R/C rally driving on both tarmac and gravel surfaces. It features a front-motor, belt-driven 4WD layout with front and rear enclosed gearboxes equipped with gear differential units. The box-like main frame incorporates covers and wheel well liners to provide superb protection against dirt and debris. The 4-wheel double wishbone suspension ensures plenty of suspension stroke and ground clearance and is matched with Rally Block Tires on replica wheels for realistic handling.
– Scale: 1/10
– Construction type: assembly kit
– Terrain use: multi-purpose
– Drive-train: 4WD
– Drive type: Dual-Drive
– Drive line: dog bone
– Differential type: gear
– Suspension: fully independent double wishbone
– Steering mechanism: bell-crank
– Shock damper: oil-filled damper
– Shock damper material: plastic
– Tire type: rubber
– Tire tread: radial
– Body material: Polycarbonate
– Chassis material: plastic
– Electronic Speed Control (ESC): not included
– ESC model: n/a
– LED Light buckets: no
– LED lights: no
– Motor: 540-brushed type
– Bearings: shielded ball bearing
– Adjustable camber: yes
– Adjustable toe angles: front and rear
– Adjustable ground clearance: yes
– Adjustable gear ratio: yes
– Adjustable wheelbase: fixed
– Adjustable track width: fixed
– Adjustable shock angle: yes
– Special feature 1: Long steering linkage provides stable wheel alignment.
– Special feature 2: Detachable wheel well liners help prevent mud and gravel intrusion.
– Special feature 3: Radio gear compartments may be sealed for debris protection.
– Requires A: 2-channel radio gear & electronic speed control
– Requires B: 7.2 battery & charger
– Requires C: polycarbonate paint