During WWII, British paratroopers sometimes had occasion to use a 1-man folding motorcycle. The creative and compact frame was powered by a 1.5hp, 98cc engine, the vehicle weighing in at a mere 32kg and storable in a 38cm diameter parachute airdrop canister. They were distributed to the 1st and 6th Airborne Divisions and deployed in their actions in Operation Market Garden, September 1944. While paratroopers naturally made use of them to become mobile after airdrops, the maneuverable motorcycles were also often used as run-abouts on air bases.
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
- Motorcycle model length: 38mm.
- The unique design of the motorcycle is accurately captured with high-quality molding.
- Photo-etched parts to depict spokes and chain add a real touch of detail to the model.
- Figures can be depicted in seated or standing positions, and each has a choice of 2 head and right arm parts.
- Firearms are also accurately captured.
- With figures, motorcycle model and accessories included, this kit represents an excellent opportunity to create a stand-alone diorama or add to a larger creation.