The SX4 is Suzuki’s latest entry to the World Rally Championship. Taking the compact 5-door hatchback as a base, Suzuki gave the car WRC-spec modifications including wider body, new suspension and transmission, a 4WD system, and a 300hp turbocharged 2-liter engine. After undergoing some preliminary tests during the 2007 season, the team and its cars made their full debut in 2008. Driven by Toni Gardemeister and Per-Gunnar Andersson, the SX4 finished in the points during its first race, the Monte Carlo Rally.
The bathtub frame of the newly evolved shaft-driven 4WD TT-01 Type-E has its motor and battery close to the ground for lower center of gravity and optimum balance. Mounted on the bathtub frame is a fiberglass reinforced nylon upper deck and gear covers improving rigidity, as well as a 3 piece tie rod providing a smoother steering action. The low center of gravity, great balanced design, 4 wheel double wishbone suspension system, and front and rear differential gears all come together to produce excellent operating ability. Handling has improved as only a few parts are needed for assembling and setting. It is also possible to customize your machine with the wide variety of separately available Option Parts.
- Length: 417mm, Width: 187mm, Height: 143mm
- Wheelbase: 251mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: (Front & Rear) 27/67mm
- Frame: Bathtub
- Drivetrain: Longitudinally Placed Motor Shaft-Driven Full-time 4WD
- Diff. Gear: 3 Bevel
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- Suspension: 4-wheel independent double wishbone
- Front/Rear Friction Dampers
- Gear Ratio: 8.35:1
- Motor: Type 540 motor included
- ESC: TEU-101BK included
- *7.2V running battery and alkaline batteries for transmitter not included.
- Batteries for transmitter
- Battery Pack & Charger